Preparing for battle – the Slider Decider 2015 shortlist is announced
Now this is a pretty impressive line-up. It’s everyone who will be competing in this year’s Slider Decider – taking place at the Gun on June 4. And what they have planned sounds pretty tempting…
- Bone Daddies – Tom Moxon – Ramen Slider – crispy noodle bun, chuck beef and pork fat patty, cheese, softshell crab, mizuna, chipotle relish and ginger chilli mayo.
- Bonnie Gull – Luke Robinson -Sweet and sour tomato brioche bun, vodka siphon battered turbot, red gem Isle of Wight tomato, chargrilled jalepeno mayonnaise, salt & pepper Channel squid rings, served with a Bonnie Mary cocktail, Portland Pearl Oyster Chaser
- Boom Burger – Josh De Lisser – The classic Boom Burger with cheese, bacon jam and Scotch bonnet secret recipe mayo
- Brew – Scott Cousins – Brew Hellfire – Moroccan spiced lamb patty with lime pickle mayo, crispy fried onions, guindilla pepper, harissa yoghurt cheese & bone marrow infused brioche
- Check On – Terry Edwards – 3am Burger: salt aged beef patty, Cheddar cheese, lamb doner meat, pizza bun, chilli and garlic and pickled cabbage
- Dirty Bones – James Dibb – The Dirty Porker: pressed ham hock & charred pepper patty, ume shiso, mustard cream cheese, pork crackling, sour pickled slaw, Coca Cola fluid gel. Served in a chipotle & paprika dusted brioche bun
- Ember Yard – Dave Lee – Smoked duck neck and morcilla burger with crispy egg yolk and brandied Spanish onions
- Heddon Street Kitchen – Maria Tampakis – Pork crackling and smoked bourbon glaze with mustard slaw, roasted Dingly Dell pork belly thinly sliced and smothered in house made smoked bourbon glaze, topped off with homemade coleslaw of red onion, cabbage and carrots with a wholegrain mustard mayo
- Hixter Bankside – Jim Abbott – BLC Slider with a Holy Fuck Mayonnaise, using Silfield Farm bacon and Holy Fuck Sauce from The Rib Man
- Iberica – Brais Fernandez – Iberica Surf ‘n’ Turf burger – smoked burger bun, secreto Iberico pork patty, squid tallarines, crispy kale, corn mustard, beetroot ketchup and San Simon cheese
- Maze Grill Park Walk – Owen Sullivan – Soft-shell crab spider slider: fried soft-shell crab, snow crab and spicy mayonnaise dipped in crab bisque
- Nanban – Tim Anderson – Wasted Away Again in Umcheesoville – Double sesame rice flour brioche, M?yo mayo, pickled lettuce, half-baked tomato, green shiso, chuck and chicken liver patty basted in nori-shiitake butter, three cheese potato korokke with Quaver crust, umeboshi ketchup, served with a shot of shochu
- Pachamama – Adam Rawson – Beef ‘pan con chicharron’ – Aged beef patty, demi brioche bun, pork belly chicharron, aji amarillo mayonnaise, mature cheddar, avocado
- The Bloody Oyster – Ed Ford – PO’ Selecta – New Orleans style Po’ Boy with deep fried oysters, king prawns, celeriac remoulade, crispy capers, pickles, baby gem, oyster leaf and chervil mayonnaise, ketchup served on a glazed brioche bun
- The Rum Kitchen – David Mattias – Rum smoked brioche bun, 1yr old smoked Scotch bonnet sauce, Jamican dashi brined chicken oysters, pickled callaloo fluid gel, freezedried lime and rum chicken skin, thyme infused chicken fat mayo
For £20, you’ll get into the event, two of The Gun’s sliders and a Camden Hells Lager. And the chance to try samples of the above, of course.
Slider Decider is at The Gun, 27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London E14 9NS on June 4 from 6.30pm. Tickets are now available and can be bought by emailing email@example.com or call 020 7515 5222. For more news, see #SliderDecider on Twitter.
Taken from hot dinners